Newly arrived at the BDC Clubhouse, and already on temporary display in the museum, is a mouth-watering group of five exhibition-standard engines which Bentley Motors has generously made available on long-term loan.
Among the highlights are barely known and rarely seen prototypes such as the almost mythical twin-cam straight six G60 from the 1960s (capable of up to 300bhp!) and the compact, high-output five-litre V8 developed in the 1980s as a possible replacement for Crewe’s long-serving V8 (first introduced in 1958).
The group also includes an unlaunched 7.25-litre version of the standard V8, a fuel-injected Turbo R motor from 1985 and a mighty Arnage-spec V8 from the turn of the millennium.
All dovetail neatly with our existing display of Bentley power units in the Clubhouse foyer - which, we’re proud to say, together form the most comprehensive display of Bentley engines outside Crewe, covering every era from a Vintage 3 Litre to a modern W12. Which is exactly as it should be!