First new Blower for 90 years unveiled
Wednesday 9th December, 2020
By Stuart Newman
Bentley's Mulliner team completes 'Car Zero'
Bentley Mulliner has today completed the first new Blower in 90 years, with the delivery of Car Zero.
Here are the fast facts:
- Car Zero is the first new Blower since 1930
- First example of world’s first pre-war continuation series
- Nearly 2,000 individually designed and hand-crafted parts
- 40,000 hours invested in the design and build of Car Zero
- Crafted entirely by hand from original drawings and tooling, using a team of in-house technicians and external British suppliers
- Data provided by laser-scanned, 3D CAD model of Bentley’s own 1929 4½-litre supercharged Team Car raced by ‘Tim’ Birkin
- Car Zero to now begin an extensive test and durability programme – including a run to top speed
- Twelve customer cars to follow – all pre-sold and specified
For the full story, including images and video, click here